RE: Gallery comments

Mum had a good day today, her tantrums were more restrained. She sometimes bursts into a tuneless singing pointlessly as if happy in fact it is a fault with her data recorder.

She knows about Saddam’s execution but thinks that no man should kill another, and that it is Christmas a few days ago, but it is always August Bank holiday Monday. Her memory has stuck units, common in old robots. Our PC’s had these problems back in the “8086’’. These days the memory just fails randomly from new. Mum is no longer under guarantee but this PC has 11 months left.

Christopher Strevens

Christopher Strevens
Mum, 94, on Christmas eve: 2006:  I like this photograph and studied it for a long time.  It tells a story about the woman.  I'd love to hear all about her experiences of 94 years and what she thinks about the world as it is today.  I always hear that, ". . . our children are our most valuable treasures" (that's paraphrased - I can't remember the exact quotation), but I think our long-lived citizens are more so.  They can look back over the years and tell us if they see patterns in happenings and how they compare yesterday with today.  I think their stories are the real treasures.

An enjoyable gallery this week.  Thank you to all who contributed.

Marilyn