3 DSLR Basic Questions

Greetings all, and may you have a happy & productive New Year.

With my first DSLR (K-10D) in my hands there is two issues solved before I start recording any significant images.

1. I will be using my older 135 format lenses, but I have discovered that my camera reads the focal length the lens gives and does not compensates.

So what functions are influenced by this in your DSLR?

In my case focal length is taken into account for the shake reduction function. And I am dreading the case that flash operation is affected accordingly (though Pentax does not have a D metering like Nikon does)

This is a big minus one for that manufacturers in general, since they could include the x1.5 feature in their APS sized lenses and DO NOT compensate for it. (In such a case when the camera does not receive such a signal it will by default assume and compensate for a 135 format lens)

2. Should I shoot in adobe RGB or SRGB?

I know the aRGB range is greater, but both the internet and the digital minilabs work in sRGB. And even though I hate the color shift, I hate the need to correct for it MORE!

I guess taht shooting sRGB and then converting to aRGB will gain me nothing. Since color detail/tones will be lost when writting in sRGB.

Or does RAW format does not care of RGB profiles?

I can see me in the feature buying a high end A3 printer (currently I opted to have none) cos this way I will be totally free from all those junk professional printer shops here in Greece with their cheap nosy attitude. Modern printera DO print in aRGB don't they?

3.  What about the DNG format? Unless I am mistaken PS 7.0 does not support it. I won't upgrade to CS but I am conseidered by the longevity of the PEF media. What about the case a feature PC is not compatible with the Pentax and general windows software?

Thanks guys and gals, kostas

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!