The great « Get Well Andy! » photo gallery project

Greetings all PF'ers!

The New Year is in and there is only 18 days left for the great "Get Well
Andy!" photo gallery project.  Twelve list members have already indicated
their participation and I'm sure there will be a lot more coming.

Let me remind you what the project is about.  The goal is to replace the
usual format of the PF gallery (open topic, max 10) with a special one-time
"Get Well Andy!" Gallery where PF'ers can post a picture dedicated to Andy
as he works his way through recovery in Seattle.  There is no limit on
participation.

The project came up in my mind as I was reading the various emails sent
throught the list to Andy to wish him a prompt recovery.  It seemed to me
that as photographers we could perhaps find a visual way of expressing our
collective support through the weekly photo gallery.  This presumes that the
sum total of each picture will be greater than the sum of individual
pictures.

This hopefully will be a simple project and should not impose any pressure
on Andy at the receiving end, since he agreed to load the pictures on the
gallery site.

Here is how I propose that the project works (suggestions to improve
welcome...):
The great "Get Well Andy!" photo gallery project

Goal:
To express visually our individual and collective support to Andy through
his recovery.

Format:
A posting on the PF weekly photo gallery specially renamed The "Get Well
Andy!" photo gallery on that occasion.  The special gallery will last for a
period of one week before returning to its original status.  To make it as
simple as possible, the gallery will operate on exactly the same format as
the usual weekly gallery (see below).

Participation
All PF'ers (past and present) are invited to post a picture.  There is no
limit on the number of participants.

Subject matter:
All forms of visual expression of support to Andy.  It can be a picture of a
flower, a landscape, an angel, a playing child, your imagination is your
limit.  The picture can be specially created for the occasion or can come
from your historicval archives.

Deadline:
The gallery will open on Saturday January 20 2007.  All entries should reach
Andy by email before the end of the day Thursday January 18 so that there is
ample time to load the contributions and double -check the format.

How to:
The submission procedure will be identical to that of any submission to the
weekly gallery.  For those not familiar, please see the details at
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery-sub.html
The one big difference is that  the words   "GET WELL ANDY GALLERY"   should
appear in the Subject: line of your email, instead of the single word
GALLERY.  This is to sort contributions to this project from regular
submissions to the gallery.

The photograph should be no bigger than 500 dpi (largest dimension) and
should not weigh any more than 50K compressed.

Along with the photograph (or the suggested URL of your photograph) you
might send related information  in the body of your email, laid out like
this template:

Author:
Title (if any):
URL of full size image:
URL of author site (if any):
e-mail of author:
Additional details about author and/or image:
The email should go out to Andy's address: andpph@xxxxxxx

If you have any questions, suggestions, etc... you can write me off-line or
post your question on the list.

That's it folks!

Happy New Year again,

Guy Glorieux

P.S.  If you know of any former PF'ers whom you think might wish to post a
contribution (eg CHILLED DELIRIUM, the Reverend Sidney Flack, et al.),
please suggest the name or write the person directly about this project.