Subject: Re: Good camera for non- pro uses
From: SteveS < sgshiya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, December 30, 2006 2:05 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
< photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Zoom, wide angle and all the conveniences of knowledgeable camera use . . .
Blah!  I find I use my Rolli 35S with the greatest lens, a 40mm Sonnar.
With open aperature at 4.2 and stopps down to 22 it's a great camera.
Cropping, due to the clarity of this lens is just like having all the zooms
and variables.

It was not my intention to have this as my standard, general use camera; but
it's the best camera I ever had for quick and easy, immediate use.  It's no
bigger than a pack of cigarettes and has significent weight not to get lost
in your clothes.

While running a gallery in Carmel, I had a chance to meet so many great
photographers.  One, Wendy Went the fashion photographer had a point and
shoot with him.  When I asked him what it was, he said he'd had it for
years; and he had to look at it to tell me what kind it was.  We laughed.
After all those years of camera branding and use for gadgets, it comes down
to this point and shoot, we agreed.

For me, it's the Rolli 35 S.

Steve Shapiro