Re: Good camera for non- pro uses

On 12/30/06, William Ellis <wb9cac@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I guess I'm getting to the point of needing a camera for general
use(vacations, family gatherings, etc.) so I don't have to take the
equipment I use for pro use. I'm looking for a small to medium size unit
with zoom, optical and digital focusing, and enough megapixels to render
decent prints should I want to do something with the occasional good
image I might shoot. I would like the ability to at least get a good
8x10 print, if needed. There are a multitude of choices out there and
the more I look, the more confusing it gets. What are some of you using
for casual shooting.

A weird choice would be the new Nikon D40, at least if you already
have Nikon lenses.  Otherwise, check out the Canon line, and the Fuji
F30 (best low-light P&S); something there will meet your needs.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>