Re: Recognizing the Photographer

--- elson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What is your take on this matter?

Thank you for asking.

Consider this: if you denounce, you will incense
people; if you document, you will awe them. In any
case, I always say: "if you still have to deal with
(print) editors, let them be the least-worst of them
all".

In general, I don't give photos for free. You are
killing the industry (that's me!) if you do. I stopped
following "causes" after my camera broke, I went flat
broke, and nobody cared when I asked for help from
having suicidal thoughts. No one gave a dime about how
good "an artist" I was. Let your friend find the money
if the cause is so worth.

In particular, if you are with "the cause" (I can even
understand that!), look for a trade publicaton or
editor who will care. There are photo communities on
the web who will better appreciate and promote your
work - look here: http://digitaljournalist.org/

Finally, if you really, REALLY can't make your mind,
flip a coin and settle the issue. Decision overkill
can be a strong hinder of creativity. After all, we
appreciate the input, but we don't demand
explanations.

Good luck,