Re: Question abt. new wide screen lcd monitors

From: "Veli Izzet Cigirgan"
Question abt. new wide screen lcd monitors

: Hi,
:
: I am thinking of buying a new 19 or 20 inch Wide screen monitor, as a
second
: monitor for my laptop for graphics use (Photoshop).
:
: I want to use the new monitor for the images and the old 15" native one
for
: the tools,etc.
:
: That being said, I tried one 19" Samsung with a vendor for 10-15 minutes,
: but I could not get the correct resolution as my video card had only the
4:3
: resolutions except the 1900*1050 which also did not work.  In the end I
: ended either with distorted fat images, or 4:3 resolution on a wide
screen
: monitor.

often laptop video cards are limited to res ratios the same as the laptop
monitor however you can always check the manufacturers web site for
alternative drivers.. or even write to the card maker asking about the
appropriate driver to use.

A Hardware alternative is to use something like the Matrox - TripleHead2Go
http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=880