Re: Comments Charles Dias - PF Exhibits on Nov. 18, 06

Charles,

Thanks for your comments on my portrait. I appreciate that you took the time to review.

This shot was made during a workshop with Marc Hauser at Shootsmarter University in Aurora, IL. I HIGHLY recommend the class if you can do it. I spent two days working on digital printing with Will Crockett and two days shooting with Marc. Both are experiences that will enhance my work greatly.

This gal was a model brought in for the class. Each pair of students was assigned a studio to work in and the models rotated between them. I had her for about 15 minutes before my shooting partner had her turn photographing the model. This type of shooting requires you to be very organized in your work and clear in your thinking and instruction in order to get something photographed before time runs out and the model moves on. It was a delightful experience.

Also, that Elinchrom Octabank can't be beat for soft light. Wow. It was amazing.

Lea