Re: the RAW report..

I got no need for RAW. I was going to pick up the new Sony camera but for eye glass wearer you can't see the whole viewfinder at once and the exposure numbers were hard to read. I then picked up the new Canon Rebel priced similarly to the Sony and it was easy to see the whole viewfinder and the exposure numbers were bigger and brighter and easier to read. So for now I stick with my film camera. I had to have two set of lenses to carry around. Also I use my Minolta Maxxum 20 mm a good bit and it would have to be replaced with a 10 mm or so for digital. I also realize I will need a drive for digital pictures I don't plan to keep (you know sometimes you change your mind or different things become important). I see at Best Buy a 750 gig drive for only $329.99 which could fit this need.
Roy