Re: Dirt

From another below: I been told Sigma new digital camera has an internal dust blower that get the dust off the sensors so it is out of focus.
Roy

Camera sensors carry an electrical charge when turned
on.  CCDs are the worse.  They attract dust like a
magnet.  I always turn the camera off before removing
a lens, and just hope that none of the air that is
displaced has any dust in it.  I will avoid changing
lenses in a dirty environment.

All lenses are stored with both lens caps.  I think
about the dust problem often while shooting.
Sometimes I will expose hundreds of captures in a day
without having a chance to check for dust.  One could
get nailed with a speck early in the day and have it
show up for the whole days shooting!

I will never allow a camera body sit without a lens or
a body cap.

Since I am shooting the 24-105mm now on a full frame
camera, I find it less necessary to change lenses.
This lessens the chances of catching dust on the
sensor.  I seldom need another lens.