Re: Wide-angle lens

I have the Nikon 14mm prime lens. It's FANTASTIC! I also have the sigma 12-24 for Canon and it's pretty good too but not in the same class.
I have used the 12-24 at 12mm, on a 10D to shoot images that were used as museum banners.About 30 foot high by 4 feet wide. They looked too good to be true. In the beginning, think about OUTPUT.

Optical quality, megapixels,file size...etc.,  are only relative to output requirements. If you have what you want in the shot and the exposure and focus are good, then you can fix just about anything else in Photoshop.

I  personally highly reccommend either of the above two lenses for any professional work where 35mm format or sub 20 MP images are OK.

That said, if you want to work as a professional architectural photographer then you should seriously think about using a view camera,
herschel

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,

Higher College of Technology