Re: Wide-angle lens

On 10/24/06, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"E Berlin"
: Architectural designs are often shot with a special perspective control
lens
: that allows one to compensate for the converging lines that are often
: present in architectural photography.  Is that what you want?  They're
made
: by Nikon and others.

another cheap way is to came the camera back parallel with the vertical and
crop out the foreground.  Cheaper than a P/C lens (!)

Which is why I suggested an extreme wideangle was often helpful, yes.
It does leave you less resolution than a PC lens to work with, though.
Which is why I like making the perspective correction in Photoshop.

Or on the 4x5, which also solves the resolution problem (but I only
have a 210mm lens on that, so interiors are rather unlikely).
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>