Re: blown highlights?

Jeff and Lea:

Another important aspect of working with histograms is the fact that the
information displayed is not based on the RAW capture but rather on the JPEG
preview instead. Since JPEGs are limited to 8-bit (format limitation) while
RAW images are captured in 16-bit, it is very clear that a lot of the
information captured is not being displayed by the histogram.

So while the histogram may be showing blown highlights, a lot of the
information that was clipped when the image was converted to JPEG to create
the preview is still there in the RAW file to be explored and manipulated.

Joseph Chamberlain