Re: blown highlights?

So are we not supposed to trust our histograms anymore?

If not, what's the purpose of using them?

Lea

On Oct 10, 2006, at 2:59 PM, Mair's Photography wrote:

That is the beauty of RAW files, there is a lot of information recorded for those high lights, and that is the one place where Adobe raw converter also shines.
Terry L. Mair
Mair's Photography
158 South 580 East
Midway, Ut. 84049
(435)654-3607
www.mairsphotography.com
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:47 PM
Subject: blown highlights?

I'm confused.

Some shots show blown highlights in my histogram on my Canon 20D but when I pull then into Photoshop RAW converter I can adjust them so the highlights aren't blown at all.

What gives?

I thought blown highlights meant there was no data in the highlights but indeed, I have plenty of info when I make a little exposure adjustment.

Am I just lucky or is this normal?

Lea

lea murphy
www.leamurphy.com