Re: cameras in lugage

On 9/28/06, lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yea, but did you read all the discussion?  Seems to me that carry-on is
still the best.  If I were on a business trip and absolutely had to have my
equipment I would have a bullet-proof plan B. The ship-ahead method is
probably smartest. How many bazillion packages get express mailed safely
every day?

I'm planning on carry-on this Sunday, taking the camera collection out
to California.  I also don't really have the right bag for the other
approach -- I'd need new foam for the Pelican, to reshape it for the
new equipment (it's gradually changed since I set the Pelican up).

But I own too much equipment to carry it all on.  Luckily it doesn't
all apply to the same kinds of photo projects.

Fedex would be another reasonable approach -- again with the Pelican
getting fixed up first.  But overnight plus that much insurance would
be fairly expensive.  (I've had a friend Fedex his good guitar in
bulletproof case to my house when he was coming out for a convention).

But I'm still very amused that legally putting a handgun in my luggage
can be a way of protecting it from the security goons and baggage
handlers.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>