slide library software recommendation?

Hello, everyone.

The university where I work has a slide library of around 100,000 35mm slides. These are in use by the art department. The librarian in charge of this has been using a program called "Emblazon" to catalog and, more importantly, label the slides. This program, to the best of my knowledge, only runs on Mac OS 9, and the time is drawing near when the last OS 9 capable computer dies. The program does not function correctly in Classic mode under Mac OS X.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement to this program that is OS X native? The critical functionality is printing the labels. Importing the existing Emblazon software would be nice, although I know that is asking way too much. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

-Aaron Reece
Oswego, NY, USA