Photoshop CS 2

I know a few months ago there was some conversation about CS 2, I have a couple of questions I hope some one can help me with, I am trying this out again and would like to make it a bit more user friendly for me at least.

I know some one mentioned that you could shut down the automatic settings, how is this done?
Also I would like to know if there is a way to do this: In PS CS I can open say 10 photos from a wedding once I maximize the first photo to work on it they are all maximized, so once I save and close the photo on top the next one in line is already maximized and ready to work on, is there a way to make CS2 do this?

Thanks for you help
Terry L. Mair
Mair's Photography
158 South 580 East