Re: NOISE ?

LEICA@xxxxxxx wrote:
AOL Email
I guess I'm a hopeless carryover from film days but I'd rather use the word 'grain' instead of 'noise'. Actually  this digital 'noise' makes no sound. Bob M   leica@xxxxxxx
Noise is a technical electronic term.

How do you know it makes no sound?  Just because you can't hear it without special equipment doesn't mean its not loud.  Have you ever seen white, usually, streaks on your TV screen that may be caused by a motor or appliance that is in use in or near your home?  That's noise but while you see it, you can't hear it?

Being  sort of a newbie to digital photography myself, got a DSLR a year ago and just beginning to really learn digital photography the last month or so, I have to ask since I don't know, does noise have the same effect on a photo that grain does?

Bob

--

                           /////
                          ( O O )