8-26-06 Gallery

Steve Shapiro - In The Day - Self
Nice capture of mood in the moment. Expressive. I like the placement of the
subject (you) in conjunction with the film camera. I good scan given the age
of the photo. A little PS touch up of the cracks and maybe a little more
contrast if possible and this would be a 'great' keeper.

Charles Dias - São Paulo - Brazil
Nice candid shot. I'd like it better if the young men were not in so much
shadow. I do like the way the posters on the wall reflect in the shine on the
floor and the way all the shadows criss-cross each other. A nice soft mood
with the available lighting. Good job.

Emily L. Ferguson - morning
Your title fits the bright feeling I get from this photo. Lovely coloring and
well shot for this display. I like the way the back lighting shows off the
veins leading one's eyes from the bottom to the top. I'm assuming this is a
Morning
Glory? They almost always make seeds from the start. Just plant this beauty
where the bees can find it and you'll have them all over the place. If you're
allergic to bee stings, I suggest planting away from your most walked paths.
Speaking from past experience.

Trevor Cunningham - cairene civil engineering
Can't figure how the title fits. I looked for a sign that would leave an
indication. Maybe the fact that the man is going the wrong way down a one way
street speaks to the way engineering  progresses in this country? Arrows
pointing in two directions? Just asking. The picture itself leaves me with
different thoughts. Is he blind, defiant, does not care that he's in the
middle of the street, or just intent on his destination? Thought provoking.
Nice.

D.L. Shipman - Sarasota Florida
Another great parrot picture. Great colors and detail right down to the
reflection in it's eye. This little fella looks happy! Is the background PS'd?
I've done that myself. Do you have any photos of an entire bird on a pirch?
I'd love to see some of those.

Jeff Saxman - Self02
I'm glad you posted the comment, "For the record, I do not recall being
particularly pained on this day, though it may appear that way." I was worried
when I first saw this one. Though I normally do not comment on nudes, I do
not find this one particularly distasteful. Technically speaking, I like the
graduations from lights to darks and the way you've placed yourself off to the
side. The light on your hair along with the fact that you were about to
have it cut - what can I say? If you meant the photos to tell the story of
your sorrow and feelings of oppression at loosing something dear to you,
mission accomplished! What a powerful photo. I'd like to see more as long
as there is no 'full' frontal nudity. Excellent artful execution!

David Small -
Had to cover this girl's chest up so I could look at the rest of the picture.
She needs a subtle flesh colored cover-up to make this picture another nice
shot. Other wise she's just another naked woman on her way to the bathroom.
This composition is just too special to be minimized by more bare boobs!
Sorry, David. I like your other works so much better. Everything else in the
photo is great. Especially the fact that you haven't bored us with a 'full
monty-ess'.

Guy Glorieux - Over the bridge...
Another great composition. I like the way all the elements come together, the
sculpture, the bridge, the sky. Is the coloring natural or did you PS the blue
on the bridge railings? I like it. I would like to see all the fin on the
dolphin and a little more space above the woman's foot. Otherwise, still great.

Qkano - Board Game
A good portrait in a natural setting. The kids look a little perturbed at
being distracted. I like the sky. In most outside shots the sky is severely
washed out. This one has a nice rich blue. There is some distortion so I'm
guessing special lens? I did a couple of my own crops and found they placed
more emphasis on the subjects.

Thanks to everyone who contributed this week. And thanks to the staff.

Shyrell
--
Melara Family Photography
Preserving Precious Memories