Re: PhotoForum Member Exhibits 05 Aug 2006

Darin Heinz wrote:
OOOerrr! by Howard Leigh
Howard,
My initial reaction was to laugh. You got the gnome so tightly framed, he
undoubtedly saw the reflection of the "Special offer" tag in your lens, and
was shocked to learn he had been marked down. The composition works well
here, and the sharpness is spot-on. Although there appears to be a lot of
stuff surrounding the little fellow, it has been very effectively eliminated
from being distracting. I tried to figure out where someone would put a
gnome with this kind of expression on his face, then it occurred to me: on
top of a sprinkler! This is a good photo, full of whimsy, and a pretty good
candidate for all kinds of applications, like a framed photo next to the
garden-tools rack, or for clandestine inclusion in a friend's family/wedding
photo album. You can tell the camera that it did a great job with exposure
and depth of field. ;-)

Darin - thanks for your kind comments. You clearly saw things I didn't!!
:-D
Howard