Re: computing is going to get faster really soon

Yeah, you have to love the law that says information lost == heat
gained.  At 110Ghz, that is a lot of information to lose every clock
cycle!

Guess that is why I'm cold all the time...no information to lose to
keep me warm. :)

tj

On 8/18/06, Elgenper <elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
18 aug 2006 kl. 06.35 skrev karl shah-jenner:

> prepare to upgrade everything :/

> "When the researchers tested the new device it clocked a speed of
> 110 GHz.

Well, one thing we DON´T need to upgrade should be our home heating
systems...  Feeling the heat from my 1.67 GHz PowerBook almost
scorching my legs, just imagine what 110 GHz could do.....  ;-)

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"