Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: Gallery

At 10:16 AM 8/12/2006, you wrote:
Hello Dave,

Will you please tell us something about your photograph?

It is a digital file from an EOS 20D. The lens used was 75-300 IS at 300mm and image exposed for 1/50th second at f5.6 with ISO equivalent 800.

How did you achieve the effect?  Is it film or digital?

Marilyn

The effect seems a little convoluted but I can do it faster than I can describe it. The image was one of several taken to illustrate 20D camera performance at high ISO equivalent settings.

In PictureWindow Pro, I applied a #70 (almost black) red filter to the file, adjusted "exposure"and extracted the red channel. Then reversed to negative and adjusted level, curves, Gaussian blur and a little Roberts edge enhancement as needed, I wanted more of an IR look but ...

There is a larger file at: http://www.pbase.com/dave6134/image/65097912 which was a little warped for a different composition look. If your connection thru put is over 100KBs, scroll to bottom and select the "original" size to view the actual pixels.

Dave
East Englewood