Re: Gallery

Thanks for telling us exactly how you did this... I knew how you did the inversion but the added trick with the red filter and red channel is very interesting... and very effective.

Thanks,
Renate

On 8/13/06, dave6134@xxxxxxxxxxx <dave6134@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 10:16 AM 8/12/2006, you wrote:
>Hello Dave,
>
>Will you please tell us something about your photograph?

It is a digital file from an EOS 20D. The lens used was 75-300 IS at
300mm and image exposed for 1/50th second at f5.6 with ISO equivalent 800.

>How did you achieve the effect?  Is it film or digital?
>
>Marilyn

The effect seems a little convoluted but I can do it faster than I
can describe it. The image was one of several taken to illustrate 20D
camera performance at high ISO equivalent settings.

In PictureWindow Pro, I applied  a #70 (almost black) red filter to
the file, adjusted "exposure"and extracted the red channel. Then
reversed to negative and adjusted level, curves, Gaussian blur and a
little Roberts  edge enhancement as needed,  I  wanted more of an IR
look but ...

There is a larger file
at:     http://www.pbase.com/dave6134/image/65097912   which was a
little warped for a different composition look. If your connection
thru put is over 100KBs, scroll to bottom and select the "original"
size to view the actual pixels.

Dave
East Englewood

--