Digiscoping with 350D ?

hi..
I love Bird watching.But have been unable to photograph them for the lack of equipment.

Now i want to buy some stuff for the purpose but only temperorily say for 6 months. Budget limit $150 - $200.

I had 2 choices :
1. sigma 70-300 mm f/4.0 lense.
2. Tokina 400mm f/5.6 lense [reseller's]

But i just came to know about Digiscoping.
And now i think it would b a better investment as i can use the telescope for other purposes later on.
     My query is R results with 350D satisfactory.It seem that sutter speed will b slowed down drastically. Also if i decide to buy the equipment what would U suggest ?  Can U help me with this pls .
What r ur views on this topic..

regards
dakoo