Re: Carnival Photos

On 8/2/06, Howard <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I haven't posted anything for a while, so thought I might mention a
gallery of images I took at a village carnival in Kent recently.
Site is
http://www.howardleigh.me.uk/knockholt-2006

Camera Nikon D100 with sigma 18-200 and mainly sigma 10-20.
I had a great time pretending to be a newspaper photographer! But it
meant I could right into the middle of everything happening.

Looks like fun, and particularly fun with some of the ultra-wide positions.

But:  Fill flash!  (since you probably can't have the gaffers fly a
silk over the whole carnival for you).  You really need to reduce the
contrast on a lot of the faces, and fill flash is the easiest way to
do that on the go.  Although with a D100 it's less reliable / harder;
with a D70 (or anything else more modern) it pretty much does itself.

Money raised went to support the Kent air Ambulance Service.

A worth cause, I'm sure.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>