Chris' war (was Re: War near my home)

Chris,

I fully support the right to express oneself through written word.  Thus, I'd like to share with you the following thoughts I had after reading your expose:

1.  This stream of consciousness rubbish has already been done, better and more tastefully, by Ginsberg, Kerouac, and I'll even throw in Burroughs because he was never fettered by social injustice, only imagination.

2.  Sensationalist media leaves zero room for constructive criticism or comment, and therefore cannot be classified as communication ( I do believe this is a "forum").  It makes me think of the Dada movement, but then again that was 90 years ago.  Certainly, yellow journalism never died with Hearst, and Howard Stern now commands more bandwidth and listener access than the airwaves will ever give a Prairie Home Companion (i'm sure they stream as well, but if you never listened to NPR and Altman never...oh well...)

3.  Obviously, you committ time and effort to this writing.  Might I suggest an author of a more refined shock prose style:

Mark Leyner, My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist; Et Tu Babe; Tooth Imprints on a Corndog; Tetherballs of Bougainville...he also writes for Esquire

Cheers, Trevor Cunningham

Chris: