Re: My new retouching site.

21 jul 2006 kl. 12.06 skrev Herschel Mair:

Hi all.
Please take a look at my new website and tell me:
1. Do the animated gifs wor?
2. Any comments

Thanks
Herschel

Yes, the animations work very well with all my three browsers (Safari, Firefox, and Opera, all on a Mac), and they are quite stunning.  Congratulations!   Lots of good images around the site, too.

As for the overall design of the site, I can see that it is still unfinished, with some of the sub-pages un-formatted, and one of them with a broken link, as Bob pointed out.  But I suppose you´re aware of this.

I second Rush about the top text on the home page; it might benefit from some more work.  Also, the Google-generated ads at top are completely out of key with the rest of the page, and look horrible (I have PithHelmet ad-blocking on my Safari, and when I see the page without these ads, I realize how much crap I don´t have to see, thanks to it... BTW, the Mini rollover works even with ad-blocking).  Could you possibly "drown" them in, say, a black background for the outermost frame, or would that be a breach of contract with Google, or your web host?

Good luck!

Per

[After all my critical comments, I almost hesitate to add my usual signature, with a link to my own pages.... ;-)
 They are more than due for a total overhaul, and I plan to work on them within the next few weeks].

Per Öfverbeck

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"