Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........Sigma lenses

Bob wrote:

IMHO There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive, Inexpensive implies similar quality at a lower price. Cheap implies lower quality at a lower price.

Having typed all that, I believe that while there were a ton of problems with older Sigma lenses, today's Sigmas are pretty good for the money. You can't stay in business by turning out junk.

Bob

I also seem to remember reading that the basic "cheap" Nikon and Canon zooms weren't actually that brilliant. I still have a Nikon 35-80 zoom that came with a Nikon F50 (still working!) It was badly made, cheap and tacky...but it gave surprisingly sharp results. In fact it felt wore than any Sigma I've ever owned!

Howard