Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........

Elgenper wrote:
I owned, used, and loved the 28-135 when I used a Canon D60. Today, if I went with Canon, I would choose the 24-105 IS instead; it seems to be noticeably sharper, it is somewhat wider, it has constant aperture, and it is about the same bulk and weight.

BTW, I didn´t "go with Canon" this time; I bought a Nikon D200 and the Nikon 18-200 VR. This lens is noticeably better than the Canon 28-135, in spite of the vastly increaded range. But that´s beside the point for a Canon owner; the thing is that lens design seems to have gone forward since that 28-135 was conceived, and the Canon 24-105 is a newer generation, and shows it..

But I had no issues with my 28-135 at the time. I t was OK optically, and very convenient to carry as a sole lens.

Regards,

Per

I don't like people who've got the Nikon 18-200 VR - hate hate hate!!!! I ordered mine in FEBRUARY and still haven't got it. Nobody in the U.K. seems to have it. All on back order...
WHERE ARE THE DAMN THINGS!!!

(Sorry Per - didn't really mean it.... :-D )

Howard