Does it really worth buying an old DSLR model?

hi all! I would like to know your thoughts about it...

I have a Pentax system (film camera and lenses). And it is high time to buy a digital body for it.

There is an issue though...I feel I DO need a vertical grip, since a very good percent of my frames taken, are vertical ones (camera upturned 60 degs), and it is a bit akward to shoot concerts with hands turned that way.

...of all the Pentax models only the Ist D (not DS or DL) comes with a vertical grip with switches. So the choice is between a used/new istD and one of the newer models maybe even the K100s with image stabilization but no grip.

I plan on reading more about it though... (the individual models' manuals plus the dpreview site). Second to going up to 3200 ISO is image capture speed, and if it proves that critical (an BIG improvement in latter models) I MIGHT consider sacrificing the vertical grip.

Cost difference is no issue...Used IstD go for $600+ at KEH store.

So what can you suggest?

thanks, kostas

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteetharticles

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!