The "need to stop lurking" gallery review

June 3rd, 2006 Gallery

Lea Murphy
Rachel

My second pick of the week.  Flawless comp in my opinion.  I wish I could teach my students how to see this!  All that lies is the road ahead and she has this seemingly unbreakable sense of determination.  I've saved a copy to show my students if you don't mind...also, as inspiration for me (I'm planning a bicycle trip to circle Iceland in summer '07)

Jim Snarski
Bathing Beauty

The spikey wet hair reminds me of a horny lizard...makes one think of the theory behind birds and dinosaurs.  I usually scare the birds away.

Roger Eichhorn
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

My pick of the week...absolutely stunning!  The concrete wall has this almost ethereal sponge painting feeling to it.  Makes it very impressionistic.  The color remaining in the dwindling blooms gives a sense of hope in a setting of hopelessness...bravo!

Jeff Spirer
DJ Ringchild

Two turntables and a microphone...wait, he's using cd's.  Oh well.  Everything in the set looks like it was falling over...how was the show?

Guy Glorieux
Bushy Park at Hampton Court, England

Fluffy.  I just stepped out of the darkroom trying to pull off a similar panoramic style landscape of Fes as viewed from the Maranid Tombs...no such luck, too much mucky muck...this one certainly puts the key-bash on that!  I'm waiting for fuzzy sponge puppets to pop out of the brush.

Marilyn Dalrymple
Calligraphy

My hake brush is blue now!  Nice little still life comp.  The lighting is a little harsh for the subject in my opinion.

Steve Shapiro
Garden with Snail

Snapshot?!  I know you northern California folk like a slower pace, but a snail moving too fast for you to set up a rig?  Jeez!

Christopher Strevens
Tree Study

I feel like I'm being tested...don't know what to say.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham