Re: The death of photo industry - Was Pentax are seeing the light

> >Now anyone, even a monkey, can buy a digital camera
>> and produce images better than were ever
> >possible with film.

> If that's true, it's a good thing.
Well, up to there my tongue was still firmly in my cheek :o)

>The history of photography is its place as a democratizing art
It certainly gives those of us who can't paint the chance to make
pictures.

> There is a Leica user's forum on the Internet that has the
> amazing combination of lousy photos taken with very expensive
> cameras and praise for the lousy photos.
You are right of course - how is Mr Rosen getting along? :o)

Seriously, there is a connection.
The "process" (by which I mean the type of camera) is important (to
those on the Leica list) just as it is to many many of the proud "look
at these fantastic digital pictures" who show their crap snapshots.
Why say "digital" at all?  I've never felt the real urge to say my
pictures are taken with Canon EOS - though occasionally I'll mention
the Fujica ST605 for it's antique value.

Bob