Re: What triggers an off camera flash?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Holmes" <w8tahradio@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:15
Subject: What triggers an off camera flash?

: Hi folks:
:
: I suspect that this is a really dumb question, but I have been fighting
this
: battle for several months now, and I still am having troubles.  I have a
: Sunpack 555 thyristor handle flash that I am trying to use with my D70.
It
: fires very intermittantly.  I am beginning to suspect cable or contact
: problems (its an older flash

it's just a switch inside the camera.. the flash waits for the connection
tyo be made when the camera switch closes, allowing current to flow