Re: High Speed Camera Application for new user

Quoting Herschel Mair <herschelmair@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Just a minor note on focal length and perspective. (A little obsession of
> mine. There are certain things that get taught wrong over and over again
and
> it drives me nuts)

you too? ;)

>   The focal length does not change perspective, but changing your camera
> position does. POV is related to perspective and focal length/film format
> determines how much you get in the frame.

> karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "in this page the word 'perspective' means distance. "

In the sequence the perspective (distance) is clearly different for each
focal length (angle of view) as stated, and as can clearly be seen by the
fact that the size of the head is approximately the same in each shot.

it's part of a larger document with lots of squiggly diagrams showing stick
men with angles drawn out from tiny cameras -

My use of the words perspective and focal length are accurate in the
context they are used but as is often the case, people do still mix up
focal length and perspective and it irks me too