Θέμα: book paranoia and greed

+ 1 for Herschel....

let the List keep any (if any) proceeds.

After all we will be able to ang that we lost millions of dollars when the book becomes a bestseller galaxy-wide!

Herschel Mair <herschelmair@xxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
LET'S NOT START IMPOSING RULES NOW PLEASE!!!!

The concerns that that Bob raised are lacking in logic somewhat.
I doubt that there'll be huge sales of the book and in any case royalties must be split 41 ways.
If there's $1 royalties on each book and we sell 100 books, that's $2.40 each.

I suggest that anyone who feels unhappy about the book being sold and making no royalties etc., should pull out now so that there's no ugly money wrangling later. I am quite happy to go with no royalties.

Let's take 2 models.

1. we impose rules about selling the book and prevent people from selling it to bookshops or whoever wants to buy it etc.,

2. We have a "NO RULES" attitude as originally agreed.

In model 1
No significant quantity of books are sold  due to restrictions

RESULT: a) nobody sees our names or work. b) we make no money out of it

In model 2
there are 2 possible scenarios.

SCENARIO 1- nobody wants to buy the book so results are the same as a) and b) above

SCENARIO 2- The book is "Discovered" and becomes a bestseller (Yeah RIGHT!)
In which case a) multitudes of people get to see our names and images and we're famous. b) we still make no money out of it directly

It's a win-win situation. Let's not get greedy here!
Regard the book as a group business card. You print it so people can see it. The more you get out there the more successful it is.

If you can sell a few copies via your local book shop or via a chain of bookshops. good for you. It's a possibility that's equally open to all of us. If you want to profit then you'll have to do some selling!

Herschel

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology
Muscat
Sultanate of Oman
Adobe Certified instructor

+ (986) 99899 673

www.herschelmair.com

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteetharticles

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!