Re: Update PF Galleries 08-04-06

At 12:09 -0400 4/15/06, R V wrote:
 >          Jim Snarski - Pipevine Swallowtail
Spring is in the air and obviously fluttering all around you that day.
 Nice curving line of the flower stem bend by the "weight" of the
butterfly.  Just wished for a little more picture on top and less on
the bottom.

Thank you Renate for your comments and for taking the time to review....sometimes when photographing nature, we have to take what we can get...especially with moving targets....these butterflies weren't spending a lot of time stationary and as much as I love the Nikkor 80-400 VR, it's a slow focuser....I've read where it's the slowest focusing lens ever made by Nikon and my experience with it validates that...but the images it delivers and the vibration reduction feature more than make up for that in my opinion....I only managed three shots of this particular specimen and the one I posted was the best of the lot...

Jim
Baja Oregon