Gallery comments

Emily L. Ferguson
Fresnel lens in Heceta head light:  This had to be difficult to compose and frame.  You did a good job, Emily.  I'm wondering how it would look if it had been shot diagonally - with the dark line  in the center going from lower left hand corner to the upper right hand corner.  Just a thought.  A very nice photo.

Herschel Mair
Aerial view of minaret and palms:  I like this very much.  The palm fronds have such a delicacy to them and the white minaret glows.  This photograph almost appears to have a mystical quality to it.

Roger Eichhorn
Rusty Branches:  I've never seen this type of a fungus before.  The sky's brightness in the background is a little distracting.  Maybe if this had been shot vertically and camera distance a little closer, that element could have been eliminated.  Or - if it had been shot at a different angle so the green trees behind the branches had been eliminated.  But, I wasn't there other angles, etc. may have been impossible.

Jeff Spirer
Couple and Snake:  Spooky.  The dark setting, the snake, tattoos and hidden face.  Actually I've grown to not have a fear of snakes (I was going to say "like" snakes, but that would be pushing it) since I've volunteered at a nature preserve and snakes are one of the creatures living there.  Was this photo taken with available light, or did you use a flash?  If you used a flash you used it very well.

Per Ofverbeck
Nike:  It's hard to go wrong when photographing a beautiful little child.  The lighting is perfect.  Is it window light on the left side of her face?

Kostas Papakotas
Tim Scott MacDonald:  At first I didn't like this shot because I couldn't see more of the subject's face.  Now that's the reason I like the photo.  It's a very moody shot and translates into the guitarist's language - "it's the music and the instrument," not the face.

Jim Snarski
Pipevine Swallowtail:  A beautiful shot, Jim.  Maybe it could be a bit more powerful if the it was cropped  to put the butterfly down and to the right more?  I visit Folsom whenever I go to visit my brother who is in Sacramento.  My parents lived in Folsom for many years and I enjoy going to "Old Folsom."  I spent many summers along the American River (I could walk to the river when I lived in Fair Oaks).

Thank you to all who contributed to the gallery.  I enjoyed the work very much.

Marilyn

"Share your knowledge.  It's a way to achieve immortality."

The Dalai Lama