RE: any Judges Out There?

Well Said!!

My only issue is with experienced photographers who take images nearly identical to what is already out there.
I really enjoy sunset/sunrise shots. To me they are great fun that happens each day. You can get something that is both sameness and newness all at once. BUT I don't think they usually rise to the level of comp images.

For newbies in any photo realm I expect to see good (and not so good) copies of stuff already out there. But for those that I get to teach I really want them to wow themselves first and me second. You can only look at so many scenics before you get overloaded with milky water, or intense greens mixed with fog.

I thnk the reason some pros get top notch reviews is because they alter their world intensly and are not afraid to experiment. Along with your sports analogy I am tired of seeing the backboard (basketball) shots in nearly every game televised or printed. It has become a cliche. I can't wait until soembody mounts a camera in the floor like they have in baseball or the flying cameras they now have in football. Those are well on the way of being cliche but still have some newness to them.

I really do think that all images need to looked at on their own merits, I jsut can't wait to see what happens next.

Les