Re: any Judges Out There?

The Professional Photographers of America has a video out called print competition for Excellence. This video covers
12 items to judge by; and How the PPof A judges your prints for merit.

  1. Impact
  2. Creativity
  3. Style
  4. Composition
  5. Print Presentation
  6. Color Harmony
  7. Center of Interest
  8. Lighting
  9. Subject Matter
 10. Technical Excellence/ Print Quality
 11. Technique
 12. Story Telling

Marilyn wrote:
For those of you who have ever acted as judges for photography shows - would you be willing to share with me (so I can share with my class) what you look for when judging photographs, please? What makes a ribbon winning photograph? Thank you in advance. Marilyn "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality." The Dalai Lama