Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 11:23 PM
Subject: Re: No more Tiff

A few reasons to use PSD rather than layered tiff.

1. You're working in photoshop anyway
2. PSD is about half the file size of a layered tiff
3. When you send the agency the Tiff file, they don't know there are layers and can't do anything with them, They could use any number of viewing programs, whereas if you send a PSD file, they autmatically open it in Photoshop and can see,what's going on.
4. You open the RAW file in PS, you edit in PS then why save it as tiff.

Moreover I can't come up with a single reason to use Tiff instead of PSD?

herschel

just one more advantage of TIFF, I never save as a PDF or PSD format, is
this format supposed to be superior to TIFF and how?
Terry L. Mair

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology