Re: No more Tiff

--- In photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@...> wrote:

12 is the jpeg level with the smallest amount of compression, and concomitant loss, offered by Photoshop.

Yes, it's now possible to save tiffs with layers, although I think that didn't come in until Photoshop CS.

Nope...it happens in PS 7 too

I don't know what the difference is between saving a layered tif and a layered psd file.

1 size! psds are smaller and can be zipped even smaller too (at about 40% or original psd). This is how I store my images. for example (out of memory) a 7x9 900 dpi tiif goes up to 340MB layered, and only 60MB as a zipped psd.

2. preview....i have problems with viewers when looking at tiff with selection layers/channels. it is applied on the preview, or rather....only the mask is visible. do not print from my PC, so do not what happnes with layered Tiffs in that case

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / Clenched Teeth Photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteetharticles

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/