Re: Why?

If your pix are good in the RAW converter, it's not necessary to change anything at all in Adobe Camera Raw. Just leave them the way they are and tweak the ones that aren't the way you want them. Hold down the Apple (actually called Command) key to select the ones you want to save the way they are and then click on the flag button in ACR. Then choose Unflagged in the browser and the ones that are already OK will temporarily not be shown in the browser.

Then bring them all into PS and save them from there after inputting further IPTC info.

Certain IPTC info can be input in the browser as well. Select All (Cmd-A) and click on the Metadata and Keywords tabs under the box where the image would be displayed if you had chosen only one.

You can also adjust the sizes of the windows in the browser by grabbing the little line between one window and other and dragging it into a shape you want. I set up the browser such that the thumbnails display down the right side either only one or two wide in a line. Then I lower the bottom section with the Metadata and Keyword tabs, so that the image area becomes bigger and raise the folder navigation area to make the viewing area even larger.

If you've transferred your files to a folder on your hard drive, and saved the adjusted versions with an extension - tif or jpg - you can burn a CD or DVD of the original capture, of course, Then if you don't like it the way you tweaked it, you always have the original on a CD somewhere.

With my Canon a jpeg is captured with each raw file. I use the Canon software to extract that jpeg to get quick prints for a client.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx