Re: Want to participate in a PhotoForum group book?

Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> writes:

> This is a note to try to gage interest in members participating in a
> "vanity press" publication ... so to speak. I have tried my hand at
> publishing through Lulu.com and have found the process
> ... interesting. Now I am thinking that it might be possible to put
> together a book based on photographs by PhotoForum list members.

*Way* long ago when I was in college, the student photo coop published
a book and hung a show based on the book, and that went over fairly
well (and I still have a copy of the book).   I still like having the
photos by people I've hardly had contact with since then.

I'm interested in such a book for Photoforum; I'll very probably
submit something when the terms are clear.

(I wouldn't want to lose copyright on my photo, though.  I believe
letting people put their own copyright on their own page will handle
any reasonable concerns.)

The photo coop book was edited, and that probably made it better.
However, in this larger, more diverse, more experienced group, I can
see why nobody would want the editorial job, and why many people would
prefer to just print what people submit.  If somebody really wants an
*edited* book, they can start a different project of their own and ask
PF members to submit photos for it.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>