Note from List HQ about the book project

Dear list members,

Well, there does seem to be some interest and maybe we can give this a try. Unlike the weekly gallery you will not be limited to a 50-75Kb jpg!!!!!!!!! :)

The point to this message however is to maybe correct a procedural impropriety that I am guilty of. This is that my message as stated left the door open for replies about participation to be posted directly to the list. However, in a way this was good because we all got to see the replies and the modicum of enthusiasm the proposition generated. I am glad nobody was disturbed by my not having already suggested that anyone interested should contact me offline or by making available to you all a webpage where you could indicate interest by filling out a form or something like that!!

Anyway, it is not REQUIRED that you stop indicating your interest on the list but it is suggested that you could also write to me directly at andpph@xxxxxxx or await the installation and announcement of a webform to do so. I will try to upload such a form over the weekend. And also to establish some guidelines ... guidelines that probably will not agree with everyone's opinion but in a group project like this it would be extremely difficult to do that anyway and I must remind myself that this is supposed to be SIMPLE and painless. Everything else must fit this prime directive!!! :)

If you have read this far then may I mention that the weekly updated PF exhibit page has not received any contributions yet. :)

cheers,
Andy

Also feel free to send directly to me suggestions but realize that probably it will not be possible to implement all of them!

Andrew Davidhazy, andpph@xxxxxxx for PhotoForum on the Internet