Re: Old Question - desktop website software

> I'd like to build my own site and upload it my free space on my ISP.
> Some on another list I'm on has suggested Front Page. . . .

There are templates and solutions better than Front Page, some for free
and perfectly adequate for a modest personal site. You might look at
http://www.oswd.org/ for some.

One other piece of advice: organization and structure of the pages within
the site are important. Even for small, personal sites the visitor is thinking
three things: "What have you got? Where is it? Get out of my way."

To quote myself from about a week past:

Do not be seduced by its apparent ease of use. Front Page has been
discontinued by Microsoft, probably for good reason. If you know enough
about HTML to make FP do what you want with legal, compliant, clean
HTML, then you know enough to use something else.

Please check out the following sites for more advice.

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/

http://www.htmlhelp.com/  (a decent starting place for help)

http://www.htmldog.com/

http://www.webreference.com/