Re: Old Question - desktop website software

1. Adobe make a wonderful and simple to use program called "GO LIVE" You'd need to do thier easy tutorials to get to know it.

2. You can use photoshop and image ready which comes with it, to make web pages

3. A simple WORD document can be saved as a web page. You can put the pictures in using  the INSERT command. and you can arrange things using tables, allignment etc.

So if you know MS WORD, you can make pretty decent  simple pages.You can right click anything and choose HYPERLINK to link it to another page.

NOTE. Be sure to save your pictures using FILE>SAVE FOR WEB in Photoshop so you keep the file small.

Herschel

Shyrell Melara <shyrellmelara@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm sure this has been covered before, but at the time I didn't really need the information. For those of you who build your own websites and then upload them to the web yourself, which programs do you use?

This site makes my pictures look good but has a lot of crap on it...

http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com/

This site has no adds or pop-ups, but it turns all my jpegs into gifs and ruins my pictures (Micro$loth DTP)...

http://www.yadtel.net/~shyrell/

I'd like to build my own site and upload it my free space on my ISP. Some on another list I'm on has suggested Front Page. What do you suggest?
(And no I can't afford to get a Mac computer at this time.) >:o(

Thanks,

Shyrell

Melara Family Photography
Preserving Precious Memories