Re: Starting Photo Business

Hi Shyrell,

You should have business cards at the ready at all times. Shameless self promotion is what will help create success. Each time your photography comes up in conversation with a new or prospecive client the card should burst forth from your fingertips.

The Japanese make a sort of polite show of the transfer of cards and I have found that it is a very effective tool when giving the card to use both hands and a slight bow.

In many meetings with my clients at either Sony, Kawasaki, or Seiko you would see them arrange the cards in front of them in order of rank from the person they received them from.

I have been guilty of giving my number to someone via a torn piece of paper usually to never hear from them again. But learning from my Japanese friends the proper way to give a card nearly always results in a call back.

Rarely do people forget courtesy, a smile and respect.

So, Mrs Melara, My card.

Les Baldwin