Commission fees from marketing web site sales?

Greetings,

I'm having all kinds of good things happen lately!  :)

I've recently been accepted to have my images appear on a couple of web sites. One web site is managed by the University of Wisconsin Extension, and basically displays some of my images and then directs interested parties to contact me directly.

The second site is a for-profit artisans marketing site, Wisconsinmade.com, that features Wisconsin items - if you want brats, cheese or cheeseheads, try 'em. They have asked me to supply them with some additional details on this issue & that, and they also have asked me to propose a wholesale price for my work. Now, my understanding of physical art galleries is that they might charge a commission of 30% to 50%; my favorite local coffeeshop charges 20%, since it's not their primary line of work, and also a community service for artists. But, these on-line marketing websites, where they are doing some work, but not taking up wall/floor space... ??

Does anyone have experience with this type of situation, and what type of commission might be reasonable/appropriate in this situation?

Thanks,

Tim!

Tim Mulholland
Illuminata Photo