Re: Gallery Review

At 10:29 AM 3/3/2006, you wrote:
Here it is Friday and my faltering memory does not recall any critiques of this weeks gallery located at:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

I will try to do a hasty run through giving my impressions.

D.L. Shipman
Lovely shape of the bird and potential for a really good shot.

Potential is good but which bird has it? I like to call the one on the right the shelterer and the one on the left the shelteree. Kind of goes with the title.

......... I know one can't get ideal conditions but that doesn't change the shortcomings for me.

Sometimes less than ideal conditions can lead to interesting pictures.

Perhaps a stylization using PS filter could lead to a great decorative piece but not natural if that is what you absolutely have to have.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by this but any image editing extensive enough to qualify as stylization would, in my estimation, only detract attention from the birds and what they have got up to. The birds are, after all, the sole reason for taking the shot on a cold, wet, and foggy morning. I feel you have missed the point of the image and frankly, I don't see how.

Dave
East Englewood
The proof is in the print.