Re: What is a photograph anyway?

Do you have a photo of this painting, Bob? I'm quite curious about it.

Bob Maxey wrote:

How do emotions factor in? I own a black and white oil painting of a pitiful cat. It is (was at the time) a famous painting by Barb Kenny, the daughter of one of the founders of the Ross Jurney Advertising Agency. My mother bought the original and the artist sold thousands of prints because it is a scary image. Mother could have sold the painting for a large pile of cash, but she declined. The cat looked like it did because the artist suffered severe depression. No photograph could capture her depression if she had used a camera.